5.10.2009

Basically, my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats.

 - Woody Allen

I knew the rain would be an issue, but didn't know the dust would be dictating my life. I'm stuck in the Nuba Mountains. The above pictures are unaltered. The first is from a rainy day. The second is this past Thursday. I was scheduled to fly out. Instead the dust kept rising as the morning went on. It was like seeing everything through orange lenses. The next days was just kind of yellow, and now we've had two more days with no visibility but the colors are more normal. Now it seems like a fog, but really it's still just dust in the air. I'm stuck here til this Thursday, a week lost because of dust. The dust is settling in our kitchen, office and tukuls (huts). Someone said it looks like their tukul hasn't been lived in for a hundred years. The dust is that thick. Below is a picture of my keyboard as I type. The Woody Allen quote is only there because I love Woody Allen, nothing to do with the dust.


1 comment:

Gary and Kay Fortune said...

Man, you need to fail the guy that did the PM on that computer.